Some Causes of Cancer
● Alcohol abuse
● An unhealthy diet
● Sedentary lifestyle
● Genetic predisposition
● Tobacco use
● Being overweight or obese
● Exposure to radiation and carcinogens
Cancer Prevention Tips
* Those who smoke tobacco have up to a 9000% greater chance of contracting
mesothelioma. Quit smoking and using tobacco products, and avoid secondhand smoke.
There are more than 70 known carcinogens in tobacco.
* Make sure that you read the labels on household products and use them according to their
* Have your home tested for radon and asbestos and have any asbestos abatement
carried out by licensed professionals.
* Bring up any noticeable changes in your health with your doctor, cancer is most treatable
when it is caught early on. Know your family's health history and make sure to have annual
exams with your physician.
* Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day, do not use tanning beds, and seek
shade between 10AM and 4PM.
* If you do drink alcohol or eat higher fat animal products, do so in moderation. Eat a diet based
around plant based foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. Keeping a healthy weight can lower your risk for many types of cancer. Adults should try to
include 30 minutes of physical activity into their daily routine.
More information can be found at www.mesothelioma.com