*This post discusses a delicious product from Shari's Berries which I received from the company to try. No compensation was given and the thoughts and opinions are my own.
I don't know why, but lately I've had a thing about kabobs (or kebobs, if you prefer that spelling). I'm not gonna lie--I like eating fun foods. I think meals should be enjoyable. There's just something about food on a stick that makes it fun to eat. Recently I posted about Cinnamon Roll Snack Kabobs. Well, today I bring you Lunch On A Stick just in time for national Something On A Stick Day (yes, this is actually a real day people! It's on March 28th! Who knew?). You never know when you'll need some lunch kabob ideas, including some sweet treats from Shari's Berries.
Seriously, you've got to try this with your kids. Have some fun at lunchtime! Finger foods are always a hit. You can let your kids make their own or you can prep a bunch ahead of time.
My kidlets had a blast with lunch kabobs! We just put all our lunchy favorites out and started loading our skewers with yummies. One reason I love kabobs, is that my pickiest eater (that smallest child in our family who shall remain nameless) likes them a lot, and I can get her to eat more healthy foods this way.
Make you lunch as usual, and then just cut into cubes and pieces for easy skewering. The above picture shows our sandwich kabobs. We just made simple turkey sandwiches and then added the cheese, olives, pickles, and tomatoes as extras.
Here's some fun lunch on a stick ideas:
* Veggie Kabobs--olives, peppers, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, carrot chips
* Fruit Kabobs--strawberries, bananas, apples, pineapple, marshmallows, grapes, berries, etc.
* Deli Sandwich Kabobs--turkey or ham sandwich, pickles, olives, cheese cubes, tomatoes
* PBJ Kabobs--peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apples, bananas
* Cinnamon Roll Kabobs--microwave cinnamon rolls, apples, bananas, berries
* Italian Kabobs--tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olives, spinach leaves
* Cheese n' Apples Kabobs--different kinds of cheeses (cubed), and apples
* Pizza Kabobs--pepperoni slices, cheese cubes, olives, bell peppers, other pizza veggies
* Meatball Sandwich Kabobs--favorite meatballs, bell peppers, tomatoes, cheese, bread
* Grilled Cheese Kabobs--grilled cheese sandwich, carrot chips, tomatoes, other veggies
* Hot Dog Kabobs--hot dogs, bun, cheese, veggies
Then to finish it all off, I think it would be fun to have some DESSERT ON A STICK like these adorable cake and brownie pops from Shari's Berries! I just had to show you guys the cuteness of these handmade zoo animal brownie pops. Cuteness overload.
Each set comes with these 6 zoo animals. My kids loved 'em. They came to my door all perfectly packaged in a box to keep them cool. They are individually wrapped and very detailed.
So, what is your favorite food on a stick?
Have a blissful day!