The best part about these DIY 4th of July t-shirts is that the kidlets can make their own. There really is no wrong way to make it.
You will need:
plain white t-shirt
piece of cardboard about the size of the shirt
red and blue Sharpie permanent markers
small empty spray bottle
1. Place the cardboard inside the t-shirt so it separates the front and back sides of the shirt. This will prevent the ink from running onto the other side.
3. Leave space in between the designs so that the colors will not run together too much.
4. Fill the empty spray bottle with the rubbing alcohol. Spray the alcohol generously over the permanent marker design. The colors will begin to run and spread.
5. If you use just a little of the alcohol spray, the colors will spread only a little. The more spray, the more spread there will be.
6. Let your t-shirt dry (the alcohol dries fairly quickly) and then go ahead and wear it! The colors may run a little in the wash and may fade a little after the first washing (so don't wash with white clothes), but it's still a fun patriotic shirt for kids to create and wear with pride on Independence Day.
CLICK BELOW to see our other tie-dye designs on PAGE ONE: